Where Beauty Meets Quality
We use a vintage manufacturing process very similar to the cloisonne badges made in England back in the 1930s and 1940s. These badges are made to last for many years. They are not affected by the weather and will not tarnish, dull, flake, or fade.
Our standard size badges are three inches in diameter, 18 karat gold or chrome plated solid metal,
(No Plastic is used, ever) and a hefty 4mm thick.
We also offer several finishes for your “upscale” car badge: Cloisonne coloring and metal finish of your choice. We even offer 18 karat gold plating at no additional cost.
Cloisonne on bronze or brass emblems were used on most cars until the 1940’s. They continued to be used on some expensive American cars for several years. Foreign sports cars still use them routinely. Cloisonne badges can be found on the radiator grille, headlight bars, side mounts, and in the interior as well.
How To Order Car Badges
STEP 1: Choose a Design
We need to know:
1. The size of the badges you want. 3 inches round is the standard size and shape, but we can make about any size and shape, within reason. All our badges are a hefty 4mm unless another thickness is requested.
2. The preferred method of mounting the badge on the car. Bolt onto the grille with our hardware or firmly affixed elsewhere on any flat surface with our 3M automotive adhesive. (Should you ever wish to remove the badge that is mounted with 3M two sided tape, simply soften the adhesive with WD-40 and work a piece of Dental Floss behind the badge. The finish behind the badge will be unharmed.)
3. The colors you prefer. (Choose up to four colors without an additional charge.) Click here for a PANTONE COLOR CHART.
If your club does not have a logo, our artists can help you design one for your approval at no charge. We can make almost any size and shape you choose. Just give us a few of your ideas and some details of what you want and we will take it from there; all with your approval, of course.
4. A slab of modeling clay is pressed against the negative. This creates an imprint of the final product. (Photo Below)
5. The clay imprint is reviewed by no less than three craftsmen. This is actually redundant but we wouldn’t want to stamp our hallmark onto anything that is not above the industry standard.
6. Mold is de-burred and polished to ensure that no “noise” such as hairline cracks, dimples, and irregularities are transferred onto the finished product.
7. The finished and approved metal mold is heat-treated, a necessary step before it can be subjected to pressures of up to 50 tonnes per square inch.
8. The mold is again cleaned, polished, and checked for defects.
9. Once the mold passes our scrutiny, stamping begins.
10. Stamped 4mm thick pieces are cut to shape and de-burred.
11. Rough polishing is then done. (Photo Below)
12. Finishing options such as cloisonne, electroplating, engraving, etc. are then applied.
13. Final polishing and cleaning is done at this time.
14. Each piece is checked for minute defects. Small errors that are nearly invisible to the naked eye are rectified.
STEP 2: Purchasing
MINIMUM ORDER: 40 Badges
Artwork, colors, size, mounting method and any special instructions for mounting. An emailed copy of your logo or design. A high resolution “jpg.” is preferred. Please try to avoid PDF files.
PROCEDURE: When we receive your design and the funds to cover the cost of the mold, we start a file for you and keep in close contact by email. Your questions are usually answered the same day. Please refer to the name of your organization when sending us an email. Orders are not filed by the customer’s name,
The usual time to complete an order is 45 days.
Payment in full is required before the order for mass production is submitted. You may use your credit card through PayPal. Or, your personal check is always welcome.
Our manufacturer has a VIP account with UPS. Their rates are less than half of what you or I would be charged. Because of our volume of business, they have agreed to ship badges to our customers using their account. We will send you an invoice when we determine the exact shipping cost.
Available Gift Boxed
Your 100% satisfaction is always guaranteed
I’ll try to answer right away.
Your personal check is always welcome
Please make the check payable to:
Arnold R. Brown
902 McLendon Drive
Frederick, MD 21702
God Save America